CradlePoint today announced an important new addition to its family of business continuity solutions for the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network. CradlePoint has received LTE Certification from Verizon for CradlePoint’s fully-integrated 4G LTE failover solutions for existing multi-WAN CPE routers and new network installs in distributed enterprise locations.
Designed from the ground up to provide fixed-location network connectivity for businesses, CradlePoint’s retail failover solutions integrate 3G/4G LTE modems to provide the performance, reliability, and security required for point-of-sale (POS) transactions and the growing set of high-bandwidth retail cloud computing applications providing enhanced customer service. CradlePoint’s integrated business series router (the ARC MBR1400LE) provides a modular, flexible approach for business customers to utilize the ‘blazingly fast’ Verizon 4G LTE network.
CradlePoint’s integrated business series adapter (the ARC CBA750LE) in “IP Pass-through” mode enables a high-performance LTE failover solution for practically any dual-WAN CPE router (including Cisco, Juniper, SonicWALL and others) currently in use in retail stores, quick-service restaurants, and branch office locations. Offering a dual-mode 3G/4G connection enables a single solution to be deployed at all company locations, leveraging 3G in locations where the Verizon 4G LTE network is not yet available.
For new locations, temporary situations, or applications that require isolation from the corporate network, the CradlePoint integrated ARC series router can serve as a primary connection enabling quick and easy deployment of a business-grade network.
“Today’s distributed enterprises, particularly in the retail sector, are increasingly dependent on remote and cloud-based applications to enhance the customer experience and lower operational costs in their stores and restaurants,” said George Mulhern, CEO of CradlePoint. “When the primary network connection goes down and failover occurs, retailers are discovering that their legacy DSL and dial-up failover connections are unable to efficiently access their bandwidth-intensive cloud applications. The last thing a retailer wants to tell a customer is ‘Sorry, the system is down. We can’t take your credit card right now.’ CradlePoint’s integrated business solutions deliver the performance and security required for reliable failover that keeps these business-critical applications up and running on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.”
“CradlePoint is a leading partner in providing robust, dual-mode business solutions that enable customers to take advantage of Verizon’s 4G LTE Network,” said Eric Sorensen, Executive Director, Machine-to-Machine Solutions, Verizon Wireless. “These dynamic solutions provide automatic failover to either 3G or 4G LTE for the reliability retail businesses require and future-proofing for those businesses where 4G LTE will soon be available.”
Integrated Routers Provide Business-Grade Performance, Reliability and Security
- Performance: CradlePoint’s integrated ARC series routers come standard with external high-gain antennas that optimize throughput and reduce latency, especially in poor reception areas.
- Reliability: CradlePoint integrated solutions are designed for 24/7 reliability with improved heat dissipation for longevity, enhanced RF (Radio Frequency) engineering for better reception, and employs CradlePoint’s modem health management features to improve modem stability.
- Security: In addition to LAN connections that are protected with advanced WiFi encryption, LAN Segmentation, and vLAN capabilities; the wireless modem is integrated into the router, secure from theft or unauthorized use.
Wireless Access for Failover, Primary and Alternate Network Connections
- The CradlePoint integrated ARC series adapter provides a “drop-in” 3G/4G network failover solution that can be added as an overlay on top of existing network infrastructure to enable continuous uptime.
- The CradlePoint integrated ARC series router provides an easy-to-install, one-box solution for wired primary connections and wireless failover in new network installations, temporary locations, or for applications where an alternate network, off the main corporate network, is desired. For example, the ability to partition the router to create multiple networks, both public (customer WiFi) and private (POS devices, 3rd party applications, employee laptops, etc.), to simplify PCI compliance.
- The modular configuration enables great flexibility in primary connection, failover connections and load-balancing situations.
The integrated ARC series routers will be available from authorized CradlePoint distributors and partners in January. Contact CradlePoint at +1.208.424.5054 or email email@example.com for more information. The integrated ARC series routers both include the MC200LE-VZ business-grade modem, which has received Verizon ODI Certification.