Until recently, cloud computing has been thought of within the context of the evolution of the Web and PC. In 2011, we are seeing a paradigm shift in business models, with mobile becoming a key feature in cloud computing conundrum. Mobile cloud has the potential to change the life of consumers and enterprises beyond what can be conceived today. We believe that the size of the mobile cloud market is poised to reach over $45 billion by 2016.
Our research suggests that the mobile cloud ecosystem is rapidly evolving. With new, complex and secure products available on the market, cloud players and enterprises want to capitalise on the opportunities offered by this burgeoning market.
Mobile cloud is being used by both the Consumers and the Enterprises
The cloud market has gone through major changes in 2011, in the consumer market, services and apps being offered include the Gmail and Facebook for mobile users. On the enterprise side, mobile cloud services are changing the entire structure of the IT industry. This is where the greatest action in terms of revenues generated and technological changes will take place during the forecast period of this report.
Mobile Cloud Market Dynamics
Mobile network operators are at the forefront of monetizing the cloud opportunities. We believe MNOs can replace CAPEX with OPEX and offer new revenue-generating services. They can also move real-time communications services (voice, video and messaging) to the cloud. This option opens up new business models with compelling ROI. Although these models remain untested, they offer the promises of positioning the operators as an important player in the mobile cloud value chain.
Our research suggests that by offering branded mobile cloud services, operators have a chance to improve ARPU and profit margins. Visiongain believes that MNOs need to identify the suitability, feasibility and acceptability of the cloud strategy in their particular markets.
Other market players can also effectively monetize the cloud and increase their revenues.
What is Different about this Report?
If you are interested in gaining a strong understanding of the mobile cloud computing market, our research offers a detailed analysis of the mobile cloud ecosystem and how the market players are leveraging cloud to enable their strategies and business models. It also provides a detailed overview of the mobile cloud technology, along with the market drivers, impediments to mobile cloud adoption, geographical differences, market size data and operator strategies.
The report establishes the current figures for commercial mobile cloud markets. With reference to market developments over the 2009-2010 period, social, political and economic factors are analysed to forecast figures for the period 2011-2016. The overall aim is to provide the reader with enough data and analysis on this subject so they can derive a clear picture of all aspects of mobile cloud computing specific to their unique business requirements.
Further, the report defines the mobile cloud market and cloud classifications. We believe this will help our clients to understand the technology, market segmentation and geographic breakdown, evaluate suppliers, and map potential usage to the available technologies. Our research will help you to understand the rapidly evolving mobile cloud market.
We conducted an independent and unbiased non-vendor affiliated assessment of the Mobile Cloud Computing topic. We interviewed key industry players in order to gain an in-depth view of the market. We believe such a research will help you in assessing the market potential of Mobile Cloud Computing.
Some of the key points that emerged from this research include:
- Mobile Cloud Computing is one of the fastest growing segments of the cloud computing paradigm.
- Apple and Google are the major players both influencing and enabling the developments in the mobile cloud.
- By 2014, users will access their professional and personal contents from one cloud based mobile device.
- Mobile operators have the most to gain through cloud services.
- The Mobile Cloud Computing adoption is bound to increase as the tablets and smartphone further penetrate the market.
- Expansion of cellular connected devices beyond smartphones and laptops (MIDs, netbooks and smartbooks is also a driving factor for the growth of mobile cloud services.
- By 2016, 60% of the enterprises in the developed markets will be accessing IT services from the cloud and paying for access on a per-use basis.
- The mobile cloud providers will be successful in North America, Western European market, Asia and Latin America from 2011-2016.
- Brazil, Poland, China, Japan, Russia and India will generate regional mobile cloud providers.
- Mobile cloud computing will promote successful partnership between content providers, developers, mobile marketers, enterprises and MNOs on a regional or global scale.
- Mobile Cloud Computing offers a set of new business model opportunities that are still in an early stage of development.
- Enterprise applications will account for the majority of mobile cloud app revenues.
Questions Answered by this Report
- What is the enterprise mobile cloud computing market's worth?
- What is the consumer mobile cloud computing market's worth?
- Technologically, what will it take for cloud to become a widely accepted business model? Approximately, what will this cost?
- What are the key drivers for mobile cloud computing?
- What are the main risks of migrating to a cloud-based solution?
- Who are the primary and supporting cloud ecosystem players? And what are their strategies?
- Which operators have voiced an interest to become cloud service providers?
- Which operators should not enter into cloud service providing arena and why?
- How will mobile cloud in enterprises evolve over the forecast period?
- What are the road blocks that may hamper the successful transition to cloud business model?
- When will mobile cloud phone appear on the market?
- What are the differences between a cloud phone and a smartphone?
- How are the vendors positioned to take advantage of the mobile cloud opportunities?
- How best can network operators develop double-sided revenue streams in the cloud space?
- What will be the key growth areas in the mobile consumer cloud sector?
Who needs to read this report?
- Fixed operators;
- Mobile Network Operators;
- Mobile device manufacturers;
- PC, notebook and netbook manufacturers;
- Applications developers;
- Gaming software houses and hardware manufacturers;
- Companies in the social networking value chain;
- Media companies and other content owners;
- Developers, cloud service providers and other software and service companies;
- Web companies; and
- Hardware manufacturers.
Increase your understanding of this exciting market by ordering Mobile Device Management Report 2011-2016 today.