VMworld US 2012
Today at VMworld 2012, Teradici, the developer of the innovative PC-over-IP® (PCoIP) protocol that enables a true PC experience for desktop virtualization, announced the addition of two new form factors to APEX portfolio:
- APEX 2800 LP, a low profile PCIe x4 card with smaller footprint for compatibility with more rack servers
- APEX 2800 MXM, the first Mobile PCIe Module (MXM) card in the portfolio for HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) Blade servers
Both cards will maintain the same functionalities and benefits as the current APEX 2800 server offload card, including support for the upcoming physical shared GPU support in VMware View and will be available for purchase through Teradici current distribution channel.
“After receiving overwhelming requests for an APEX MXM card supported on HP ProLiant Blade servers, we are very excited today to announce its upcoming availability,” said Trent Punnett, VP of marketing at Teradici. “With the latest release of our server offload technology, more customers will be able to enjoy the benefits of the APEX card in their VMware View deployments. Shared physical GPU support is a significant value-added feature to the solution. Our main goal with these new APEX cards is to enable more customers to access this technology and deliver a truly exceptional end-user experience.”
“As virtual desktop infrastructure becomes more mainstream, corporate IT managers need to maximize the number of virtual machines placed on physical servers, while offering employees a robust user experience,” said John Gromala, director of marketing, Industry Standard Servers, HP, “The Teradici APEX 2800 supported on HP Gen8 Blade servers optimizes server CPU utilization by offloading heavy graphics processing allowing IT managers to cost-effectively deliver a consistent, state-of-the art user experience.”
Teradici APEX cards provides the following benefits
- Insures a great user experience at all time by protecting against load changes
- Increase scalability by up to 2x with heavy graphics workloads
- Improves user experience
- Up to 2x more frame per second with the next generation of Zero Client attached
- When user’s vCPU is heavily taxed, for example providing a smoother video or crisper audio playback
- Complements upcoming physical shared GPU support in View
- Easy to install and manage – integrated into View Administrator
The Teradici APEX 2800 LP card will be generally available in early October 2012 and Teradici APEX 2800 for HP ProLiant Blade servers will be generally available in November 2012.