Sentinel LDK pairs award-winning security and sophisticated entitlement management in a single, out-of-the-box software monetization solution
SafeNet, a global leader in data protection and software monetization, today announced the general release of Sentinel License Development Kit (LDK), SafeNet’s next-generation software protection, licensing, and management platform.
For the first time, SafeNet customers will be able to pair the company’s award-winning software copy and intellectual property (IP) protection features with the web-based, license management capabilities of Sentinel EMS, SafeNet’s entitlement management system. Combined with company’s newly released advanced hardware-based software protection platform, Sentinel HL, Sentinel LDK delivers software publishers a comprehensive, out-of-the-box software monetization solution that will better enable them to confidently protect their software and simplify operational processes while enhancing the end-user experience and ultimately maximizing software revenues.
“Here at SafeNet, we remain dedicated to not only providing best-in-class solutions that improve how software publishers license and manage their applications today, but also to making sure our customers have the tools they need to confidently tackle the software monetization challenges they will face in the future,” said Prakash Panjwani, senior vice president and general manager of SafeNet’s software rights management division. “Sentinel LDK provides customers with a solution platform for addressing their virtualization, complex packaging, and cloud service monetization challenges.”
Key Features and Customer Benefits of Sentinel LDK Include:
- Web-based Entitlement Management: Full integration with Sentinel EMS provides software publishers with the tools they need to effectively deliver, track, and manage end-user entitlements and product usage. Using Sentinel EMS software, publishers can also provide their end users with a customer portal to activate and manage their own entitlements. Sentinel EMS helps ISVs simplify and automate many tasks associated with licensing while empowering end users and decreasing support costs.
- Next-Generation Sentinel Envelope Technology: Adoption of the latest technology and techniques for software protection enables software publishers to protect their applications from reverse engineering, code tampering, and intellectual property theft.
- Certificate-based Licensing: Utilization of certificate-based licensing provides tamper-proof, software-based licenses in a clear-text format, making them easy to understand and support for software publishers and end users alike.
- Automated License Re-Host: Sentinel LDK is the industry’s only licensing solution that enables end users to move their software-based licenses in three easy steps without having to contact the ISV for support. This dramatically improves the end-user experience and also relieves an unnecessary burden typically put on software organizations’ support teams.
- “User-Mode” Option for Software-based Licenses: Facilitates end-user software installation while in user mode or administrator mode, significantly reducing end-user frustrations and support burdens.
- Next-Generation Hardware-based Software Protection Platform: Sentinel LDK is the first offering in the SafeNet portfolio to ship standard with the company’s recently released family of smart-card-based Sentinel HL hardware tokens.
- Featuring superior performance and memory management, Sentinel HL tokens are the industry’s leading hardware-based software protection token.
- Hardware Key Batch Programming: Enables ISVs to burn multiple Sentinel HL keys simultaneously, saving time and money.
“With the release of Sentinel LDK, SafeNet is once again demonstrating its commitment to providing the software industry with the most secure, versatile, efficient, and intelligent software monetization products and services,” added Mr. Panjwani.