The end of day 3 of VMWorld 2010 inspired an excited interview with FalconStor CSO Jim McNiel. SiliconAngle's John Furrier along with Dave Vellante ask Jim McNiel his thoughts on a number of topics ranging from speed, to virtualization of the desktop, to white space and data protection. "The VMWare momentum is just unbelievable, almost 50% growth, it is the place to be...the other is the cloud service providers, that is a very clear trend." Dave Vellante drew attention to Wikibon and SiliconAngle discussions on the premise that "these cloud service providers are gonna be ahead. They are probably going to maintain that lead. Why? Because they are in business, there for a profit, and they're better at doing transactions and operationalizing IT." John Furrier continues the conversation by touching on another need that seems to have arisen for the consumer, that of speed. John addresses McNiel "The same kinda themes always come up; agility, speed, performance, ease of use, value to the user, but now it's a different world....to me the key theme that I heard over and over again is speed, speed, speed. Everything, everywhere, anytime seems to be the cloud, key endpoint for messaging." To which Jim McNiel responds "Speed is great. But, if you don't manage it, if you can't look at how its gonna be accomplished, it becomes really difficult." Dave Vellante added to the conversation by saying, "simpler is faster, I think that's one thing that Google has shown us." When asked about <b>...</b>
- About us
- Advertise with us
- Submit Articles/Contribute
- Feeds / Syndication
- Contact us
- Blog & Tutorials
- Certifications & Training
More in Videos
- Networking for VMs
- How should the NIC's be configured on the Host and VM's
- Network Virtualization Simulation tool - final yr research project
- Hi I am new in this forum
- The Impact of Virtualization in the Small to Medium Business Environment
- Virtualization platform for Laboratory equipment
- Documents about data, numbers of virtualization
- I'm new here, and a small dilemma
- A network of cisco, linux and windows in a linux PC
- vmware product suggestion for hosting 15 VM's on a server?
- Hypervisor within a VM
- Virtualization training
Share with us!
Please contact us if you have an interesting news, tips, acquisition rumor, requests for guest blogging, case-studies, white papers and any other suggestions and/or ideas, etc..