Customers Solve Broad Challenges in Virtualized Environments
VMworld 2013 US
Splunk Inc., the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced the general availability (GA) of the latest version of the Splunk App for VMware to provide accelerated operational visibility into virtualized environments. Customers rely on the Splunk App for VMware for proactive monitoring, comprehensive operational analytics and to correlate VMware data with all other technology tiers beyond virtualization, including applications, operating systems and hardware infrastructure such as servers, storage and network devices. Learn more about the Splunk App for VMware 3.0 and click here to watch an educational video.
“The Splunk App for VMware showcases Splunk’s leadership in providing deep levels of analytics across the entire infrastructure. With more than 25 out-of-the-box reports, the Splunk App for VMware shines a light on the entire virtual infrastructure and enables administrators to quickly resolve issues and get deeper analytics about the health, security and capacity of their environments,” said Leena Joshi, senior director of solutions marketing, Splunk. “With Splunk software, customers can achieve a broad, central view of key performance indicators across the entire data center, not just the virtualization layer. This helps ensure improved user satisfaction and effective resource planning as well as the ability to track changes, control costs and eliminate vulnerabilities.”
“As virtualization evolves to support mission critical applications and workloads, so does the need for improved infrastructure monitoring and analytics,” said Bernd Harzog, analyst, The Virtualization Practice. “The new release of the Splunk App for VMware introduces new scalability and usability enhancements and enables the visibility benefits associated with correlating VMware data with other operational data.”
Splunk App for VMware Delivers Visibility Across Entire Infrastructure
The latest version of the app installs quickly and comes with a resilient and auto-load-balanced configuration allowing for uninterrupted visibility into VMware environments. Splunk customers report they are already benefitting from the Splunk App for VMware and are scaling it rapidly to large virtual environments.
“The Splunk App for VMware is key to our operations as it provides insight to the virtualization data. We are now able to easily correlate problem VMs to application metrics,” said Paris Georgallis, vice president of platform operations, RMS. “We love the granular visibility across all tiers of our virtualized infrastructure. With this new level of visibility, we are able to trend, baseline and analyze CPU, memory and disk consumption and forecast and plan for growth.”
The Splunk App for VMware 3.0 includes several patent-pending technologies including visualizations that help analyze the health of virtual environments. The app provides real-time granular visibility into VMware environments across hosts, virtual machines and virtual centers based on pre-defined thresholds and pre-packaged log analyses. It allows administrators to:
- Correlate data from the virtual infrastructure with data from applications, operating systems, physical hardware and networks for end-to-end visibility.
- Visualize the operational health of the VMware environment with near real-time identification of underperforming/distressed hosts, virtual machines and data stores.
- Access interactive, visual maps of their virtual environments, highlighting problems and emphasizing statistical comparisons of performance metrics.
- Gain visibility into potential security breaches and non-compliant usage patterns.
- Analyze resource consumption and optimize capacity to gain operational efficiencies.
- Allow accurate historical analyses and troubleshooting with granular performance metrics and log data all in one place, directly collected from Virtual Centers and via syslog.
- Gain access to blazing fast query performance for rapid data exploration on massive data volumes.
- Track changes with visibility into vCenter tasks and events in the context of their virtual environment performance metrics, logs and topology.
Splunk will be demonstrating the Splunk App for VMware 3.0 at VMworld 2013 in San Francisco from August 25-29. See a live demonstration in addition to other Splunk operational intelligence, security and virtualization solutions that will be demonstrated at booth #2023.
Related Topic Tags
- Analytics, infrastructure, Monitoring, splunk, virtualization, vm monitoring, vmware, vmworld, Vmworld 2013