VMworld 2013 US
Desktone-Powered DaaS to be Featured by VMware, Dell, NaviSite, NetApp, Ajubeo, GreenBytes and Teradici
Desktone, Inc., the pioneer of Desktops as a Service (DaaS), today announced its participation at VMworld 2013, taking place August 25-29 in San Francisco, CA. In addition to demoing its award-winning solution for cloud-hosted virtual desktops and apps at Desktone booth #2328, the Desktone Platform will be featured by leading cloud providers that chose Desktone’s multi-tenant DaaS technology as the foundation of their DaaS offerings, including: VMware, Dell, NaviSite, NetApp, Ajubeo, GreenBytes and Teradici.
“DaaS enables businesses to address desktop mobility, security and BYOD challenges in an incredibly powerful, cost-effective and, yet simple, way,” said Peter McKay, CEO, Desktone. “We’re seeing record interest from cloud providers and technology vendors that want to leverage Desktone’s unique multi-tenant capabilities to deliver high-performing, secure desktops as part of their cloud solutions. This is evident in the marquee partners that have chosen Desktone as their preferred DaaS platform, and will be featuring Desktone-based DaaS in at VMworld.”
Partners showcasing Desktone-based solutions include:
- VMware/ session: Desktone will be featured in VMware’s session, “How to Build a Desktop as a Service Offering and Win Market Share,” on Thursday, August 29, 10:30am.
- Dell / booth #1219. Desktone will be highlighted in Dell’s new desktop virtualization solutions - Dell Cloud Client Computing (CCC) DaaS on Demand.
- NaviSite / booth #829: See DaaS demos of NaviCloud One, powered by Desktone. Attendees can also stop by Hallcrawl on August 27, 4:30pm – 6:00pm for a cocktail, the “San FranFizzco,” and DaaS Demo.
- NetApp / booth #1417: Ajubeo will be demoing its DaaS offering, which includes Desktone and NetApp storage systems, on August 26, 11am - 2:30pm.
- Teradici / booth #905: Demoing VDI offered as a cloud-based service using Desktone DaaS accessed from PCoIP zero clients.
- GreenBytes / booth #735: Danny Allan, Desktone CTO, will be presenting on “Cloud-Managed DaaS” at GreenBytes’ booth on August 27, 4pm. The Desktop Platform will also be featured in an integrated solution with GreenBytes: a pre-configured, all-in-one virtual desktop appliance that resides at the customer site and is remotely managed through the cloud by a cloud provider.
VMware attendees are also invited to visit Desktone booth #2328, where the company will be demoing the Desktone DaaS Platform and desktops running in the cloud using Dell Wyse P25 Zero Clients, iPads, ChromeBooks, and Android Tablets, all utilizing high performance PCoIP via VMware View Agent Connect.
See why Desktone’s is the preferred desktop virtualization platform for delivering DaaS. Desktone will discuss how DaaS’ unique requirements—including massive scalability, resiliency and the ability to securely handle multiple geographies and tenants—can’t be met by porting traditional virtual desktop technologies to the cloud. Desktone’s DaaS technology was built from the ground up for cloud delivery and Service Providers. Unlike other approaches, Desktone employs true multi-tenancy, which enables superior security. Desktone’s multi-tenancy delivers a shared, unified platform for all end-customers, with dedicated desktops and completely secure separation across five critical levels: meta-data, storage, networking, directory services and compute. The Desktone Platform supports all versions of desktop models from full Windows VDI to shared RDS sessions and application delivery from one unified console.
Desktone provides the industry’s only multi-tenant desktop virtualization platform for delivering desktops and applications as a cloud service, enabling the deployment of Windows desktops and applications from a private, public or hybrid cloud to any end user device. Desktone enables IT service providers to rapidly provision desktops and applications to users connected on any device, anywhere, without the upfront costs and complexity of traditional desktop virtualization – transforming desktops from a CAPEX to OPEX item. Leading service providers, such as Dell, Fujitsu, NEC, Time Warner Cable and Dimension Data, have selected Desktone’s Platform to offer desktops and apps as a cloud service. Founded in 2007, Desktone is funded by Highland Capital and Softbank and is headquartered in Boston, MA.
Related Topic Tags
- DaaS, Dell, Desktone, desktop virutalization, NaviSite, netapp, Teradici, Virtual Desktop, vmware, vmworld, Vmworld 2013