VMworld 2013 US
QNAP, Inc, a global network attached storage (NAS) company, announced the release of QTS SMB 4.0 Turbo NAS operating system, for its business-class Turbo NAS models, featuring advanced functions for SMB users. The QNAP NAS can now easily be expanded to 400TB or more with the newly released scale-up solution. The new intelligent Storage Manager provides a management system that includes advanced features such as flexible volume management with thin-provisioned volume support, SSD caching, and SMART data migration. Virtualization is now more seamless than ever with VMware VAAI, vSphere Plugin, and Microsoft ODX support. The new QTS 4 greatly enhances the efficiency in storage management, expansion, data process, and management in virtualization environments.
Intelligent Storage Manager-Intuitive Management System for Storage and Virtualization
New QTS 4.0 SMB featuring a redesigned GUI with powerful business applications providing efficient data management. In addition QNAP NAS is a virtualization-ready storage solution supporting VMware vSphere.
QTS 4.0 SMB Highlights:
- Flexible volume management to aggregate multiple RAID groups of different levels as a big Storage Pool
- Block-level iSCSI LUN, online capacity expansion, thin-provisioned volume, and space reclaim
- 10G Ethernet storage delivering over 200,000 IOPS
- Supports SSD caching greatly boost overall IOPS performance
- Advanced hypervisor offload features supported including VMware VAAI for iSCSI and NAS
- QNAP vSphere Client plug-in to increase data management efficiency
REXP-1200U-RP and REXP-1600U-RP Scale-up Capacity to 400 TB Simply and Flexibly.
The newly launched QNAP RAID expansion enclosures are perfect for large storage applications, such as surveillance system, data archiving or video storage.
Plug and use seamless capacity expansion
Flexibly manage storage with QTS Storage Manager
Supports SAS, SATA, and SSD drives
The updated QTS 4.0 with advanced business features is available in Q4 for the following Turbo NAS models:
TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879 Pro, TS-1269U-RP, TS-869U-RP, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP
SSD caching function is not available for TS-x69U series.
REXP-1200U-RP and REXP-1600U-RP is available for TS-x79 series and TS-x70U series.
Related Topic Tags
- iSCSI, NAS, Network attached Storage, QNAP, storage virtualization, VAAI, vmware, vmworld, Vmworld 2013, vSphere