New Riverbed Stingray 9.6 and Services Controller 1.2 Improve the Performance of Business Applications including Microsoft SharePoint 2013
Interop Las Vegas 2014
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the leader in application performance infrastructure, today announced new features for Riverbed® Stingray®, the company’s #1 virtual application delivery controller (ADC) product family. Together, the new features in Stingray Traffic ManagerTM 9.6 and Riverbed Stingray Services ControllerTM 1.2 improve the performance of business applications like Microsoft SharePoint 2013; increase reliability and scalability on Amazon Web Services (AWS); deliver enhanced visibility of an ADC-as-a-Service deployment; and enable enterprise and service provider customers to quickly and easily deploy application delivery services on demand.
More Reliability, Scalability, Security and Control
The #1 virtual application delivery controller (ADC), Riverbed Stingray revolutionized the ADC market by allowing customers to dynamically deploy an ADC per application with ADC-as-a-Service. The Riverbed Stingray product family provides scalable, secure and elastic delivery of enterprise, cloud and e-commerce applications. Stingray also controls and optimizes end-user services by inspecting, transforming, prioritizing and routing application traffic across the widest range of environments, from physical and virtual data centers to public and hybrid clouds.
“The static nature of traditional ADC architectures hasn’t evolved to meet today’s complex IT environments, including the rapidly expanding number of applications and the way end users consume and use these applications today,” said Jeff Pancottine, Senior Vice President and General Manager of ADC/Stingray team at Riverbed. “With the new Stingray ADC features announced today, Riverbed continues to help customers avoid common cloud configuration-related pitfalls and enables them to launch ADCs as they need them, accelerating the delivery and performance of applications.”
What’s New in Stingray Traffic Manager and Stingray Services Controller:
- Riverbed Stingray Traffic Manager enhancements
- Active-active load balancing for high-availability and scalability on Amazon AWS, minimizing or eliminating points of failure within IT environments to deliver the highest level of availability and scalability for cloud-based applications.
- Includes a number of interoperability features, easy-to-use Web Content Optimization and a key security enhancement with a new cryptographic module. This enhancement is in process for validation for Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1.
- Improves SharePoint 2013 performance with support for intranet and Internet using the latest Web Content Optimization techniques with no changes to the application or web browsers.
- Riverbed Stingray Services Controller enhancements
- Operations graphical user interface (GUI) helps administrators support service deployment and monitor ADC deployments.
- Virtual appliance form factor for Stingray Services Controller and micro instance host simplifies deployment by freeing customers from the need to maintain the underlying operating system.
- Simplified licensing and billing reports for chargeback.
- Enhanced visibility of an ADC-as-a-Service deployment with a comprehensive suite of reports that provide customers feedback on utilization of multiple resources.
Riverbed Stingray and the Riverbed Application Performance Platform™
Riverbed Stingray is a family of application delivery products that provide visibility into and control of traffic to and from applications, enabling fast, reliable and secure application delivery to users anywhere from the cloud or data center. It is a complete software-based Layer 7 application delivery controller (ADC) with integrated web content optimization (WCO) and application firewall that enables companies to deliver optimized and secure application delivery services where and when they are needed in an elastic manner. Riverbed’s unique approach automates the deployment, licensing and metering of application delivery services, making possible an “ADC per application” delivery model in which costs for ADC-as-a-Service can be allocated to each client application. This unique approach reduces costs and time to production while enabling rapid change and scale for datacenter applications. Riverbed Stingray products are available in a range of editions and form factors to meet the needs of all customers.
Riverbed Stingray is part of the Riverbed Application Performance Platform™, the most complete platform to enable organizations to embrace location-independent computing, so that business objectives – not technical constraints – drive how applications and data are delivered.
Riverbed Stingray Traffic Manager 9.6 and Services Controller 1.2 are generally available today. Existing customers with a valid maintenance and support contract can download the releases from their customer account in the Riverbed Support portal. Pricing is based on a number of licensing models including perpetual, monthly and usage-based licensing.
Related Topic Tags
- application delivery, application virtualization, Cloud Applications, Performance, riverbed, Stingray