QNAP, Inc. unveiled its next generation NAS designed for both SOHO and home entertainment aficionados, the TS-x51 along with an industry-first private cloud computing capability feature at COMPUTEX 2014.
The QNAP TS-x51 features a potent Intel Celeron dual-core processor, an upgrade of the Atom NAS series, and comes standard with the latest QTS 4.1 operating system. The TS-x51 packs a powerful storage backup along with swift streaming capability with both on-the-fly and offline transcoding. It is also the world’s first hypervisor equipped NAS for Home/SOHO segment which allow users to run Windows or Linux OS on the QNAP intelligent private cloud platform.
- Dual-core Intel® 2.41GHz CPU and 1GB DDR3L RAM delivers up to 220MB/s read & write speed
- On-the-fly and offline video transcoding
- Built-in virtual machines technology
- Up to 7.1 channel audio pass-through and high-quality multimedia playback with HD Station via HDMI along with integrated XBMC v12 media player
- Personal cloud for creating a multimedia library with DLNA, AirPlay, and Plex support
- Economical scale up solution with QNAP UX storage expansion unit
- Support IEEE 802.11ac Wi-Fi USB dongle
- Tons of Apps available in QNAP App Center - Free, easy-to-install applications for your smart NAS
The Private Cloud Evolution
QNAP is the world's first NAS solution provider which realizes both Cloud Storage and Virtual Computing on its NAS devices. With the introduction of the Virtualization Station, an industry first, now QNAP users not only can have their own private cloud storage but also the ability to set up and run their own virtual servers on the NAS. On the QNAP private cloud platform, you can easily host various virtual machines on the NAS for your home or a small business.
- Create and manage multiple virtual machines on your Turbo NAS
- Secure, economic solution to cloud virtualization services
- Run Linux or Windows OS on your NAS
- Download and import virtual machines from VM markets of providers such as VMWare and Bitnami
COMPUTEX 2014 is presently taking place in Taipei, Taiwan from June 3-7, 2014. We welcome visitors to visit QNAP at Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall, Stand J1118.
Related Topic Tags
- CompuTex, COMPUTEX 2014, NAS, Network attached Storage, QNAP, storage virtualization, Storage Virtualization