Go Back   Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forum > Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums > Security & Permissions
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

News & Videos
Server, Desktop, Network

Share with us?
Tips, Rumors, News
Please contact us if you have an interesting news, tips, acquisition rumor, requests for guest blogging, case-studies, white papers and any other suggestions and/or ideas, etc..

Hypervisor security

This is a discussion on Hypervisor security within the Security & Permissions forum, part of the Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums category; Hi, I'm implementing a project and I have a question related to that. This project is about hypervisor security comparison. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
User

Potato is on a distinguished road
Default Hypervisor security

Hi, I'm implementing a project and I have a question related to that.
This project is about hypervisor security comparison. I compare XEN and KVM hypervisors. I would like to check following scenarios:

- protection against accesing unassigned resources by Virtual Machine
- protection against subversion of trusted virtual machine monitor software (hypervisor, any of virtual machines or boot process)

Unfortunately, I'm new to virtualization, and I have no idea how could I check those scenarios out. I can't figure out any test, which could help me state which hypervisor is more secure.

Do you have any ideas? Could you give me some tips, advices?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Potato; 07-31-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
User

Hall Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile

I am taking cloud computing service from Real Time Cloud Services. They use VMware Hypervisor. It is very secure. I am facing no security issues.
Hall Mark is offline   Reply With Quote