Go Back   Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forum > Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums > Server Virtualization
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

News & Videos
Server, Desktop, Network

Share with us?
Tips, Rumors, News
Please contact us if you have an interesting news, tips, acquisition rumor, requests for guest blogging, case-studies, white papers and any other suggestions and/or ideas, etc..

Dynamically changing resources in a VM

This is a discussion on Dynamically changing resources in a VM within the Server Virtualization forum, part of the Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums category; I want my virtual machine to consume any extra resources(cpu, ram, storage) on the server as and when these extra ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
User

jnamit is on a distinguished road
Default Dynamically changing resources in a VM

I want my virtual machine to consume any extra resources(cpu, ram, storage) on the server as and when these extra resources are available. The load on the server varies during the day and I am looking for an approach to utilize the extra resources by making them available to my VM automatically/dynamically.

Your ideas/approaches would be greatly appreciated.
jnamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
User

daneatkinson is on a distinguished road
Default Dynamically changing resources in a VM

Indeed there is a possibility of shared storage where you can dynamically utilize and free extra resources (CPU, Ram or Storage). It is best to approach a professional service provider to cater to your needs. For me, the better way is to learn how to do it myself and then try my hands on, after few errors or lags, I certainly find a way to get what I need. Most of the time I read helpful and informative answers on different blogs and forums
daneatkinson is offline   Reply With Quote