Go Back   Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forum > Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums > Server Virtualization
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

News & Videos
Server, Desktop, Network

Share with us?
Tips, Rumors, News
Please contact us if you have an interesting news, tips, acquisition rumor, requests for guest blogging, case-studies, white papers and any other suggestions and/or ideas, etc..

HW needed for Win2012 virtualization

This is a discussion on HW needed for Win2012 virtualization within the Server Virtualization forum, part of the Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums category; I'm curently studying for MCSA/E and right now I'm stuck on Active Directory. In order to do my assignments, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
User

locodog is on a distinguished road
Question HW needed for Win2012 virtualization

I'm curently studying for MCSA/E and right now I'm stuck on Active Directory.

In order to do my assignments, I will need to run at least two Windows 2012 servers as virtual machines. Most likely in VirtualBox. Becase my desktop PC doesn't support hardware virtualization witch is required for Win2012 I must get new machine, laptop.
Don't get me wrong, I know what models are best for that, but I don't have enough gold to buy some beast with i7 processor.
Not to bother you with details, I found laptop that fits my pocket, but is that enough for running 2 virtual servers on it.
It's Toshiba Satellite M50D-A-10W
Quad core 1.5GHz A4-5000 AMD
8GB of RAM (laptop comes with 4 and I would buy extra 4GB) Unfortunately it doesn't support dual-channel memory.
So, will that be enough, just for testing purposes. I don't need it to run some demanding tasks, just to get idea how all that looks like.
I have few more candidates for about same money, but if this one pass the test, it's great. And if it doesn't I will give you specs of other laptops I have in mind.
Thank you in advance.
locodog is offline   Reply With Quote