Go Back   Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forum > Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums > Server Virtualization
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

News & Videos
Server, Desktop, Network

Share with us?
Tips, Rumors, News
Please contact us if you have an interesting news, tips, acquisition rumor, requests for guest blogging, case-studies, white papers and any other suggestions and/or ideas, etc..

vm wont boot

This is a discussion on vm wont boot within the Server Virtualization forum, part of the Virtualization & Cloud Computing Forums category; Hi Guys, I have built a vm server using esxi 5.0. before i did so i took a .vhd snapshot ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
User

flexin01 is on a distinguished road
Default vm wont boot

Hi Guys,

I have built a vm server using esxi 5.0. before i did so i took a .vhd snapshot of my drive and have converted that to a vmdk file and created a new vm using that. The vm wont boot and keeps blue screening. My guess here would be that it is because it still thinks its running on the physical hardware.

i have tried to use the original cd to repair the os but that just keeps trying to get me to do a clean install. If i choose repair it takes me to a screen with three options which are command prompt, memory diag or revert to earlier image none of which help.

and ideas on how to overcome this.

the physical conversion was a phenom x6 running win2k8 r2
flexin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
User

monaro800 is on a distinguished road

Have you tryed drp.su DriverPacks and Safemode Boots?
monaro800 is offline   Reply With Quote