Datalink (Nasdaq: DTLK), a leading provider of data center infrastructure and services, announced today a new suite of cloud enablement services to help enterprise and mid-market companies validate how cloud-based infrastructures will impact their businesses prior to investing in full-scale deployments. Datalink cloud enablement services provide organizations with hands-on experience, migration best practices, and confidence in how cloud-based IT services will benefit their organization.
Datalink cloud enablement services include:
- Datalink on Demand Labs: DoD Labs provide organizations with the opportunity to view, experiment, test, and validate the cloud in a live, functioning environment. The following use cases are available now:
- Test environment via a private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Development environment via a private cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Generic IaaS hybrid cloud services (i.e., virtual machine configurations, virtual networking, and virtual storage)
- IaaS cloud services for cloud providers
- Datalink Subscription on Demand Labs: Subscription DoD lab services allow organizations to dive more deeply into Datalink standard use cases or simulate custom use cases in the DoD labs before committing to up-front capital investment.
- Proof of Concept: Datalink proof of concept (POC) services minimize company risk by offering rapid deployment of a test cloud environment within a client’s facility. This allows organizations to prove financial and operational benefits while integrating the cloud into their existing infrastructures.
- Cloud Readiness Assessment: Since cloud success is about more than just technology, Datalink’s cloud readiness assessment service delves into process redesign. The readiness assessment includes a detailed inspection of an organization’s IT strategy; organizational structure; and business, service, operations, and infrastructure controls. This empirical data guides process redesign decisions and efforts.
“Cloud-based IT services hold great potential for enterprise and mid-market organizations. The challenge for many is how to best migrate to this new services-oriented model,” commented Datalink President and CEO, Paul Lidsky. “Datalink helps organizations sort through all of the market hype and validate the impact of the cloud prior to making capital expenditure (CAPEX) investments. We also assess how ready organizations are for a move to cloud and aid them in actual cloud implementation and management. By doing so, organizations reduce risk and streamline the time it takes to derive the full value of cloud-based IT services.”
Datalink cloud enablement services couple the company’s deep expertise in data center infrastructures and cloud computing with its hands-on lab environments. The services bolster Datalink’s growing data center portfolio, which includes advisory, managed monitoring, managed backup, and Datalink Unified OneCall(SM) Support services.