This paper discusses best practices guides on how to configure Microsoft Windows 7 for optimal performance in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementation. This white paper provides an overview on how to configure various subsystems of Windows 7 to minimize the performance requirements on the shared storage and ESX environment.
If you are responsible for planning, architecting, configuring, deploying, and maintaining the VDI environment then this is a must read.
- OPtimizing Windows 7 for VDI Overview
- Customizing the Virtual Machine
- Windows 7 Operating System Optimization
- Default USer Profile Customization
- Sizing Memory for Virtual Machines