GigaSpaces Technologies, a pioneer of next generation application platforms for mission-critical applications, announces the general availability of Cloudify, GigaSpaces’ new cloud application platform that enables organizations to easily on-board and manage any application, on any cloud, with zero code change. After a successful beta release in 2011, Cloudify is now available with a new free edition, easy-to-adopt pricing schemes, and with a significant portion of the product already fully open sourced, and more to be released soon.
“Cloudify is the industry’s first cloud application platform designed to enable enterprises and ISVs to take even their most mission-critical applications to any cloud, without any cloud vendor lock-in,” said Adi Paz, EVP Marketing and Business Development at GigaSpaces. “Our driving principle in developing Cloudify was enabling you to deploy any app, to any cloud, your way. That means that you can manage your cloud adoption at your own pace, maintain full control of your apps, ensure business continuity, and minimize diversion of development resources in the process.”
Product Information & Features
- Built-In Recipes: Recipes are blueprints that tell Cloudify all the details needed to run an application – which middleware services to run, what the dependencies are between the services, how to install the services, where to find the application and service binaries, when to spawn more instances or terminate existing ones, and even how to monitor each of the services. Recipes are the mechanism that enables deployment of any middleware stack, using any data store (relational or non-relational), to any cloud. Cloudify is offering new built-in recipes, and more are slated for release next quarter.
- Many PaaS frameworks target new applications, and constrain the development to vendor-specific models and configurations. Cloudify recipes are designed to cope with almost any operational or engineering need, and are very intuitive and easy to extend and customize. Cloudify recipes include JBoss, Cassandra, MongoDB, Tomcat, MySQL and many more.
- New Cloudify Editions: Cloudify now comes in several editions, beginning with a free edition that enables full commercial use, with an easy upgrade path to advanced editions that include premium features and commercial-grade support. This offering enables organizations to move to the cloud at their own pace without incurring up-front costs.
- Multi-Cloud Support: Cloudify is the only truly independent cloud application platform, enabling business organizations to choose which infrastructure they want to work with, whether private cloud, public cloud, or a hybrid deployment, and even non-virtualized environments – thereby avoiding vendor lock-in. The Cloudify Open Cloud Driver provides a plug-in that uses and extends the open-source JClouds framework. It also includes cloud platform integration specifications, and provides full access to the underlying infrastructure resources such as language choice and monitoring tools.
- New Cloudify Community: The new Cloudify Community will be launched on March 1, with user forums, guides, add-ons, recipes and much more.
- Easy-Adoption Pricing: The new Cloudify pricing scheme is based on a pay-as-you-go model. The Cloudify Free Edition enables organizations to begin deploying mission-critical applications to the public or private cloud with full control and minimal price barriers. The Standard, Professional, and Premium editions offer increasing support and monitoring capabilities, with pricing based on the number of servers in use, ensuring that customers remain at the pricing level reflected by actual use and organizational needs.
“Cloudify was developed based on GigaSpaces’ extensive experience in virtualization and delivering application platforms for large-scale, mission-critical applications, and honed through our collaborations with technology leaders in the Cloud space, such as Microsoft Windows Azure, Citrix, Openstack, CA, and others, with some exciting new announcements coming soon,” says Paz. “We are proud to have been recognized as leaders in the Cloud technology space by top industry analysts, and in major industry arenas such as VentureBeat’s CloudBeat showdown 2011, where we were selected as a top-ten disruptive technology.”
Availability and Download Information
The GigaSpaces Cloudify GA release will be unveiled at Cloud Connect 2012