GigaSpaces Dedicated Edition for Azure Requires Zero Code Changes for Cloud On-Loading
GigaSpaces Technologies, a pioneer of next generation application platforms for mission-critical applications, is now offering a solution that provides seamless on-boarding for enterprise Java and big-data applications to the Windows Azure platform.
“Customers that have enterprise Java applications can leverage the GigaSpaces solution to help them transition to the Windows Azure platform,” said Prashant Ketkar, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Azure at Microsoft. “GigaSpaces is working with Microsoft to give Windows Azure customers deployment, management and monitoring capabilities for running applications in an agile and cost-effective way.”
The GigaSpaces solution for Azure leverages the company’s decade of experience in delivering application platforms for large-scale, mission-critical Java applications and was recognized at the recent Microsoft Worldwide Partners Conference as a building block for Windows Azure.
Windows Azure enables developers to build, host and scale applications in Microsoft datacenters located around the world. Developers can use existing skills with .NET, Java, Visual Studio, PHP and Ruby to quickly build solutions with no need to buy servers or set up a dedicated infrastructure. The solution also has automated service management to help protect against hardware failure and downtime associated with platform maintenance.
“Our platform enables businesses to move their applications to the cloud with no code change and minimal learning curve – meaning that they can continue to develop in their traditional environment and leverage existing skills and assets, while gaining the cost and agility benefits of deploying to the Windows Azure cloud,” says Adi Paz, EVP Marketing and Business Development at GigaSpaces. “At the same time, we provide enterprises and ISVs the ability to burst into the Windows Azure cloud at peak loads, run their pre-production on Windows Azure and save the costs associated with large-scale system testing.”
The GigaSpaces solution for Windows Azure provides the following unique values:
- On-board mission critical enterprise Java/JEE/Spring and big-data applications to Windows Azure: Quickly and seamlessly, with no code change.
- True enterprise-grade production environment: Continuous availability and failover, elastic scaling across the stack and automating the application deployment lifecycle.
- Make Windows Azure services natively available to enterprise Java applications: Through tight integration between the GigaSpaces platform and Azure.
- The GigaSpaces market-leading Java in-memory data grid: Provides extreme performance, low latency and fine-grained multi-tenancy.
- Control and visibility: Built-in application- and cluster-aware monitoring.
- Avoiding vendor lock-in: Enables businesses to maintain existing development practices, and provides support for any application stack.
“GigaSpaces has brought to the Windows Azure implementation more than 10 years of experience in developing and deploying enterprise-grade application platforms for large-scale deployments running mission-critical applications for the world’s largest organizations,” continues GigaSpaces’ Paz. “We look forward to bringing these same benefits to Windows Azure customers, on top of the many benefits of the Windows Azure platform.”