Extends Windows-based thin client leadership with upgrades for Microsoft remote computing environments
HP today announced its HP t5740e Thin Client and HP MultiSeat Solution have been enhanced with hardware and software features that deliver breakthrough performance.
One of the world’s best-selling thin clients, the HP t5740e now delivers improved responsiveness and multimedia experiences with up to 15 percent less CPU utilization than before, and simultaneous support for up to four digital displays when configured with new available optional features.
Featuring a choice of the HP t100 or t150 Zero Clients, the HP MultiSeat Solution has been expanded to provide improved end-user performance over previous offerings with the inclusion of the HP Compaq MultiSeat ms6200 Desktop. HP MultiSeat provides a familiar, individual Windows computing experience to as many as 10 users from the power of a single, efficient, reliable HP business desktop.
The enhanced portfolio reinforces HP’s position as the worldwide market leader in thin client shipments.
HP t5740e Thin Client provides rich, PC-like experience
The HP t5740e features Intel® Atom dual-threaded processors and the Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Standard 7 operating system with support for RDP 7.1 and Microsoft RemoteFX to deliver a rich, PC-like user experience. A robust access device for Citrix, Microsoft or VMware environments, the t5740e supports a wide range of applications and multiple, simultaneous environments.
Ideal for the security and high-performance multimedia needs of financial services institutions and government agencies, the HP t5740e can now be configured with the following optional features:
- A Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator enables the t5740e to deliver enhanced video playback and graphics performance over previous models for local browsing and to deliver the Citrix HDX protocol – while significantly reducing the workload of the CPU for seamless delivery of business-related application tasks.
- Support for up to four simultaneous digital displays of content, with AMD FirePro 2270 Dual Head PCIe and ATI FirePro 2460 Quad Head PCIe cards for greater graphics performance and user productivity.
“The new configurations available on the t5740e demonstrate why HP is a leader in performance-based thin computing and sells more Windows-based thin clients than our next five competitors combined,” said Jeff Groudan, director, Commercial Desktop and Thin Client Marketing, HP. “We are excited to bring the upgraded t5740e to market delivering this type of performance, efficiency and user productivity at an industry-leading value.”
“Microsoft RemoteFX enables a broader range of client devices to enter the market by delivering a rich end-user experience. HP’s t5740e Thin Client is an example,” said Mike Schutz, senior director, Windows Server and Cloud Product Management, Microsoft. “We’re excited to partner with HP to deliver the latest in virtualization technology.”
Expanded HP MultiSeat portfolio
By expanding its HP MultiSeat Solution with the HP Compaq ms6200 Desktop, HP becomes the only company to offer a complete, fully licensed and supported Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 solution from a single vendor, with a host PC featuring the powerful yet efficient second-generation Intel Core™ i5 or i7 processors(2) for enhanced performance.
The availability of Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 operating system on both the new HP ms6200 and existing HP ms6005 Series Desktops provides end-users with richer user sessions through Flash and QuickTime acceleration.
Additional MultiSeat updates include:
- User-account privileges and unique IP/MAC addresses for up to 10 seats for added security and flexibility.
- USB keys that allow private, localized access for individual clients and user-accessible USB ports on the HP t150 Zero Client.
Pricing and availability
The new performance versions of the HP t5740e Thin Client are expected to be available in August:
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator for enhanced video playback and graphics performance at $529.
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator, plus AMD FirePro 2270 Dual Head PCIe card for dual digital display performance at $669.
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator, plus ATI FirePro 2460 Quad Head PCIe card for quad digital display support at $949.
HP MultiSeat, comprising the HP t100 or t150 Zero Clients for MultiSeat and choice of HP Compaq MultiSeat ms6200 or ms6005 Series Desktops, is available now at a starting price of $639.
HP’s virtualization offerings, including the solutions above, will be on display at Microsoft Tech•Ed 2011 in HP booth 1201.