My laptop today with Windows XP Professional Operating system which had this error message:
‘Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
Here are two solutions:
1. Boot your computer from your Windows installation/repair CD. You may have to hit F12 and choose CD-ROM as the boot option.
2. Once Windows has loaded, hit ENTER. The setup will detect existing windows installation and give you couple of options.
3. Select ‘R’ to perform maintenance on the C drive, which is going to automatically repair or replace the missing files. The setup will automatically reboot your computer, please take the setup CD out.
If this does not work, follow on:
4. Follow step 1 and then hit “R” to log into the recovery console and then login as administrator account.
3. At the command prompt type the following:
EXPAND D:\I386\c_437.nl_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls
Once the system is done expanding the file, reboot your PC.