New Citrix Solution Sits at the “Front Door” of Enterprise Datacenters Providing a Single Point of Control and Access for All Types of Apps
Citrix Synergy 2011
Today at Citrix Synergy™, where virtual computing takes center stage, Citrix announced NetScaler® Cloud Gateway, a new product that radically simplifies the delivery and management of apps and IT services. Today’s modern enterprise is aggressively adopting a new generation of cloud-based apps and SaaS services to achieve greater agility and improved economics. The hidden cost of migrating to these cloud services is an increasingly fragmented administration of applications, networks and security. The resulting number of application silos, identity management schemes, and access control processes increases cost and complexity. Cloud Gateway is a powerful solution that collapses and eliminates application silos, providing a unified entrance for seamless access and management of apps delivered from private or public clouds.
Cloud Gateway helps enterprise IT streamline traditional silo-based architectures in favor of a much simpler, service-oriented approach, designed to realize the “Power of One” – one place for users to get self-service access to any app, one login for any app or service, and one point of control for IT to enforce consistent policies for compliance, access control, auditing and quality of service (QoS). Cloud Gateway supports all leading browsers and all versions of Citrix Receiver™, a universal software client that provides users with easy, self-service access to all their apps from any PC, Mac, tablet or smart phone. Unlike other alternative offerings in this space, Cloud Gateway goes beyond SaaS and web apps to fully support seamless, secure access to any Windows app or desktop as well. Moreover, the Citrix Receiver client provides a rich, native device experience that goes beyond basic browser access with custom designed support for 1,000s of different devices, including innovative new products like the HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook, and Google Chromebook.
What’s New in NetScaler Cloud Gateway?
Cloud Gateway puts enterprise IT back in control of applications delivered from public and private clouds by providing:
- Powerful user management to control the full application lifecycle, including provisioning and de-provisioning of all apps and services;
- Comprehensive service level management that proactively monitors and manages the availability and app performance experience across all SaaS, web and Windows apps;
- Broad license management capabilities providing valuable insight into license utilization across a full range of private and public cloud apps and services;
- Single dashboard view of everything that matters across all SaaS, web and Windows apps.
From an end-user perspective, Cloud Gateway enables:
- Full self-service support for all apps and devices through support for Citrix Receiver;
- Single-sign on, enabling users to log in once to any app, and be automatically signed into any other app they choose;
- Common identity and subscriber credentials to access any application, including hundreds of popular SaaS services;
- View, request and launch any application from a self-service app store using any device with a high definition user experience;
- Full application request workflow support.
Easy and Flexible Deployment Options
- Cloud Gateway can be deployed as a software virtual appliance, a security hardened hardware appliance, or as a cloud-based service from one of the thousands of Citrix service provider partners;
- Cloud Gateway can also be integrated with Citrix Receiver, the award-winning universal client for IT services.
Why it Matters
Cloud-delivered apps are becoming a mainstream part of the enterprise app portfolio. While each SaaS, web and cloud app provides its own native administration and delivery model, the process of provisioning, managing and securing these apps is highly fragmented and inconsistent. The modern IT organization needs the ability to break free from silo-based approaches to app delivery – as well as seamlessly weaving in Windows apps and desktops. Cloud Gateway overcomes this dilemma by providing a “front door” to the datacenter, giving IT a single point of control to connect and deliver any private or public cloud app to any device.
Pricing and availability
Cloud Gateway will be available in flexible, secure and compliant deployment options.
Citrix customers will be able to purchase NetScaler Cloud Gateway as:
- Standalone software for easy deployment
- Hardened network-grade appliance for scalable deployment
- Cloud-based service delivered via Citrix’s 1000+ strong service provider partner program