Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, now offers Windows Server Hyper-V protection as well as Microsoft Hyper-V Server protection with Veeam Backup & Replication v6. The new version offers a single solution for fast, efficient, reliable, and affordable data protection of multi-hypervisor environments encompassing Windows Server Hyper-V and VMware vSphere. With Veeam, customers can now protect all virtual machines with a single product, from a single console, minimizing cost and complexity..
Veeam Backup & Replication support for Windows Server Hyper-V brings unprecedented speed and efficiency to Windows Server Hyper-V data protection. Major first-to-market capabilities include:
- 2-in-1: backup and replication: Provides image-based backup and near-continuous data protection (near-CDP) in a single solution.
- Built-in deduplication and compression: Included at no extra charge, these capabilities minimize consumption of network bandwidth and backup storage.
- Changed block tracking for Windows Server Hyper-V: Exclusive Veeam technology enables fast, frequent and efficient backup and replication of all VMs, including those running on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV).
- Additional differentiators for Windows Server Hyper-V include:
- Agentless: There are no agents to license, deploy, maintain, or monitor.
- Forever incremental: Eliminates the need for full periodic backups by creating new full backups from incremental backups. This is essential when backing up large VMs or over a WAN.
- Instant file-level recovery: Restore Windows guest files directly from an image-level backup.