Comprehensive Cloud Service Simplifies IT Management, Increases Productivity and Gives SMBs Rapid On-ramp to VMware vSphere
VMware, Inc., the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the general availability of VMware Go™ Pro, a comprehensive cloud service that enables small and midsized businesses (SMBs) to consolidate, control, and secure their physical and virtual IT infrastructure.
“With VMware Go Pro, we will bring ease-of-use to IT infrastructure management for SMBs with affordable patch management, help desk, hardware asset management, and software license management,” Said Manoj Jayadevan, director of emerging business and products, VMware.
VMware Go Pro provides a single pane of glass for SMBs to manage both virtual and physical infrastructures, simplifying IT management so that SMBs can focus resources on high-value initiatives instead of routine tasks. VMware Go Pro was developed in an extended partnership with Shavlik Technologies to leverage Shavlik’s expertise in IT and patch management for SaaS and on-premise solutions.
“We are excited to extend our existing partnership with VMware, helping customers simplify their IT management,” said Mark Shavlik, president and CEO of Shavlik Technologies. “VMware Go™ Pro leverages our SaaS solutions to enable customers to break down barriers they may face when adopting complex technologies.”
VMware Go Pro Features & Benefits
- Easy onramp to VMware vSphere® – VMware Go Pro provides a web browser interface and an intuitive wizard to guide users of all experience levels through the installation and setup of VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
- Secure physical and virtual infrastructure – VMware Go Pro includes a simple and affordable patch management solution specifically designed for SMBs.
- Control software inventory and licenses – VMware Go Pro helps customers maintain control of their software inventory by scanning physical and virtual machines for software titles so IT knows exactly what exists and is in use in their environment.
- Track and manage hardware assets – VMware Go Pro makes it easy for SMBs to track what machines exist, as well as their configuration, cost and service history so companies can have complete visibility into their IT infrastructure.
- Streamline trouble ticket management – With VMware Go Pro, users can easily create and manage tickets as well as instantly know their due date, priority, and status. IT can also analyze past ticket reports to better understand trends and IT workload.
Pricing & Availability
Available today at www.vmware.com, VMware Go Pro is available by subscription for $29.95 per admin/month. Later this year, VMware expects to offer the VMware Go Pro service through its global network of channel partners.