Virtustream, Inc., the leading enterprise cloud solutions provider, today announced xStream 2.0, a highly secure, high performance enterprise-class cloud solution for private, virtual private, public and hybrid clouds. xStream 2.0 is available as software, as a stand-alone appliance and as a managed service – enabling customers to choose the best solution to meet their needs. xStream uniquely lets customers manage hybrid clouds allowing them to select a tailored mix of on-site private cloud, combined with off-site public and virtual private clouds.
“As enterprises move toward migrating production workloads to the cloud, the technology platform used must be designed with application performance and flexibility in mind if IT transformation is to be sustainable,” said Agatha Poon, research manager, global cloud computing for 451 Research. “Cloud offerings, like xStream 2.0, that focus on workload performance regardless of deployment model are part of the answer.”
The Enterprise-Class Cloud
xStream 2.0 has a set of unique capabilities specifically designed for the enterprise cloud market:
- Hybrid Cloud Solution: xStream allows enterprises to control their IT infrastructure as a single cloud, combining onsite private clouds, offsite virtual private/public clouds and managed cloud services providing a tailored hybrid cloud to suit each enterprise’s requirements;
- Enterprise-Grade Security and Compliance: xStream provides multi-layered logical and physical cloud security, in-depth threat monitoring and includes silicon-level authentication with Intel TxT, to meet the highest security and compliance standards, enabling enterprises to meet: NIST 800-53 (Federal), DIACAP, ICD503 (Defense), FISMA (Government), G-Cloud (U.K. Government), SSAE16 (Audit), ISO27001 (Service), HIPAA (Healthcare), PCI (e-commerce), SAS70 (Audit), ODCA and other industry standards;
- Application Performance SLAs: xStream uses patented Virtustream µVMTM technology to optimally and dynamically combine compute, memory, network and storage to deliver application performance assured by commercial SLAs, with cloud efficiency; and,
- Consumption Based Pricing/Chargeback: xStream allows true consumption based pricing/chargeback, so enterprises pay only for resources that they actually use, each 5 minutes.
Additionally, xStream 2.0 provides the versatility to allow enterprises to run both mission-critical legacy and web-scale software in the cloud, gaining cloud benefits without rewriting existing applications; µVMTM technology delivers optimal multi-tenant virtualization tailored by application; and xStream runs as a macro hypervisor/cloud director that works with leading virtualization software and with all major hardware to be compatible with enterprise and service provider’s existing installations.
“Enterprises run extremely complex IT environments that mix many legacy and web-scale applications. Until now, there have been no cloud solutions that gave customers the confidence to move both legacy and web-scale applications to the cloud,” said Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO, Virtustream. “Virtustream’s xStream software fills that gap by providing them with an enterprise-class cloud solution – for private clouds, virtual private/public clouds and a combination of both in a hybrid model.”
“The cloud offers a major opportunity for enterprises to move legacy applications to the cloud and reap the benefits of multi-tenant efficiency, dynamic scalability, on-demand access and significant cost savings,” said Kevin Reid, CEO and CTO of Virtustream. “At Virtustream, we’ve helped hundreds of enterprises move to the cloud, and the xStream 2.0 solution provides companies with the technology they need to fulfill their enterprise cloud requirements.”
Virtustream, which recently closed a series B funding round with Columbia Capital, Intel Capital, Noro‐Moseley Partners, QuestMark Partners, TDF and Top Tier Capital Partners (TTCP) bringing total equity raised to $75 million, has delivered enterprise-class cloud solutions to its clients since 2009 and is used by more than 500 enterprise customers. Virtustream’s client roster includes such notable brands as Domino Foods, British Transport Police, Allied Irish Bank, City Networks, Autism Speaks, DAI, Marine Resources Group (MRG), Field Fisher Waterhouse, SGH Martineau and Lawrence Graham.
“As a long time Virtustream customer, we’re excited about the new xStream 2.0 capabilities especially the unique user profiles, which will help bring on new users more quickly,” said Don Whittington, CIO, Domino Foods. “The cloud and xStream give us a competitive advantage. Virtustream is a great partner providing innovative technology and a strong roadmap that will serve us well in the coming years.”
“XStream 2.0 enables us to use the cloud to improve performance, while providing elasticity to meet peak needs,” said Sherra Pierre-March, chief information officer, Autism Speaks. “Security is a big concern at Autism Speaks and the addition of single sign-on and continuous auditing features, plus the ability to meet security and compliance regulations gives us real peace of mind.”
“Virtustream’s xStream provides the core capabilities at the heart of City Network’s service provider cloud. We have built a leading cloud set of services that provides our customers with a highly scalable, stable and secure environment that delivers the key enterprise attributes that our business customers demand,” commented Johan Christenson, CEO of Sweden’s City Networks.
“Enterprise cloud adoption is increasing rapidly and will skyrocket in the next few years. Enterprises require a hybrid solution that combines both private and public clouds – without compromising security or control,” said Lynda Stadtmueller, program director, Cloud Computing Services at Frost & Sullivan. “Virtustream’s xStream cloud software lets companies select their optimal hybrid solution and delivers enterprise-grade security/compliance, cloud efficiency and application SLAs with a single user interface.”
xStream is the leading secure, enterprise-class cloud software for private, virtual private, public and hybrid clouds. xStream is available for enterprises, governments and service providers and counts hundreds of major businesses as clients. Powered by Virtustream µVMTM technology, xStream delivers enterprise-grade security/compliance, multi-tenant efficiency, application performance SLAs and consumption based charging for both legacy and web-scale mission-critical applications.
xStream is available in three editions:
- xStream Private Cloud – allows enterprises to run private clouds in existing data centers
- xStream Public Cloud – for service providers to offer enterprise cloud services to their customers
- xStream Virtual Private Cloud – full set of managed cloud services for enterprises from Virtustream’s cloud