RUNcloud Private Edition brings scalable, easy-to-use Java cloud application deployment to enterprise on-premise environments with support for OpenStack and vSphere
Company joins OpenStack community to help reduce lock-in and high virtualization costs for enterprise customers OpenStack Conference 2011
OPENSTACK CONFERENCE: CloudBees, the innovation leader in cloud computing for Java, today announced [email protected] Private Edition, which extends the company’s rapid-deploy, instant-scale, no-IT-headaches Java Platform as a Service (PaaS) to private cloud environments running on OpenStack™ or vSphere. With this new offering, CloudBees expands choices for customers on the CloudBees platform: choice in deployment (public, private or hybrid cloud) and choice of underlying infrastructure (Amazon, OpenStack or vSphere).
In support of its commitment to an open cloud, CloudBees is also joining the OpenStack community. CloudBees will work with the OpenStack ecosystem to bring an open, enterprise-grade PaaS to OpenStack users that frees them from vendor lock-in and costly server virtualization.
- Recently named by industry analyst firm Gartner as a Cool Vendor in the 2011 PaaS market, CloudBees continues to execute quickly on its PaaS vision. CloudBees accelerated the delivery of its Java PaaS with the acquisition of Stax Networks in December 2010 and completed integration within a month. Generally available since January 2011, [email protected] has deployed 4,000 applications already. It offers developers everything they need to quickly and easily deploy applications to the cloud—without having to purchase, configure and maintain hardware, and without having to program applications for a specific underlying infrastructure service (IaaS).
- [email protected] Private Edition will enable enterprise companies building private clouds on OpenStack or vSphere to take advantage of CloudBees’ deployment services behind their own firewalls. In addition, public cloud providers built on OpenStack or vSphere can support [email protected] services. CloudBees is currently onboarding beta customers, with planned general availability in 2H 2011. Companies interested in participating in the beta can register here.
- CloudBees also provides [email protected], a fully integrated development infrastructure that makes it easier than ever for developers to quickly write, build and test applications in the cloud—then instantly deploy to [email protected] [email protected] features Jenkins, the popular open source continuous integration server. More than 500 customers have logged over 250,000 Jenkins build minutes in the cloud.
- With proven track records at JBoss, Macromedia/Allaire, Sun Microsystems and WebSphere, the CloudBees team has the deep middleware experience and expertise to drive innovation in PaaS, the ‘middleware’ layer of the cloud. CloudBees supports all Java applications, including Java EE and JVM-based languages. The company will be expanding to other programming languages in the future and welcomes input from users.
Key Features of [email protected] Private Edition
- Scale DUO – Down, Up and Out. Optimally manages virtual machines.
- Multi-tenant. Lets multiple customers share a service—securely.
- Metering & Billing. Easily handles multi-tenanting and accurately bills by the minute.
- Management. A robust back-end management system assures maximum uptime and availability.
- IaaS-agnostic. Portable, and supports multiple cloud infrastructure services to avoid lock-in.
- Open. Completely based on open source software and open standards, so that customers can use their existing expertise to painlessly move to the cloud.