Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX), today announced that it will be hosting a webcast on Wednesday, January 25 entitled “The Future of Fibre Channel” at 9 a.m. PST.
The webcast, hosted by Emulex, will be presented by president and founder Seamus Crehan of Crehan Research, focusing on the market drivers for the 16Gb Fibre Channel (16GFC) transition and the impact of virtualization and upcoming server refresh cycles on the overall Storage Area Networking (SAN) market. Shaun Walsh, vice president of marketing, will also participate in the webcast.
Attendees will learn about the following:
- Outlook for Fibre Channel switches and Host Bus Adapters (HBAs)
- The impact of virtualization on Fibre Channel
- Examination of the confluence of overarching factors for 2012 (spending outlook, server upgrades, etc.)
- What to expect for the 16GFC transition
- The importance of next-generation data center features in the 16GFC transition
- Underlying storage dynamics and growth trends
For more details and to register, click here.