VMworld US 2012
F5 Networks, Inc., the global leader in Application Delivery Networking, today announced its activities at VMworld® 2012, taking place August 26–30 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. As a Platinum sponsor, F5 will offer dedicated technical sessions that highlight ways enterprise IT professionals can improve the agility of their systems. Specifically, F5 will demonstrate how its BIG-IP® solutions enhance the value of VMware View® environments and improve organizations’ operational efficiency by streamlining service provisioning and orchestration in the cloud with VMware vCloud.
Visit F5 at Booth #1101: “Connect. Secure. Orchestrate.”
Given that one of IT’s biggest challenges today is the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend, F5 will feature a mobile device bar where visitors can see how BIG-IP solutions improve access management by augmenting the scalability, security, and availability of VMware View environments. F5 will demonstrate two specific new solutions that help optimize end-user computing with VMware View virtual desktop clients:
- The F5 Single Namespace solution, which uses F5® BIG-IP products and iRules®—a key differentiator for F5 that helps customize how network resources are directed—to simplify users’ access to VMware View at different times from different locations. This is especially beneficial to VMware View deployments with multiple pods or sites by providing users with simplified access and an improved user experience.
- The F5 Username Persistence solution, which uses F5’s BIG-IP products and an innovative iRule to maintain user connections irrespective of device or location. This enables a user to change devices or locations and reconnect to an existing desktop session, resulting in a better user experience.
F5 also provided technical input and support for three VMware View solutions: (1) the VMware View Business Process Desktop; (2) the VMware View Mobile Secure Desktop; and (3) the VMware View AlwaysOn Desktop. F5’s engagement with VMware on these solutions reflects both companies’ commitment to making IT professionals and users as efficient as possible.
Technical Sessions: “Integrating Application Delivery Services with VMware Solutions”
In concert with VMware, F5 will host three technical sessions that explain how organizations can leverage F5’s industry-leading Application Delivery Networking solutions in VMware cloud and virtual desktop environments to maximize application performance, availability, security, and manageability. Each session will feature a co-presenter from VMware. Individual session titles are listed below, along with corresponding links to additional information such as times, dates, and speaker names:
- Solving the Application Provisioning Nightmare: Integrating vSphere and vCloud Director with Your Application Delivery Networking Services
- Enhancing the User Experience for Multi-Pod VMware View Deployments
- Application Heal Thyself! How to Automate the Most Important Networking Functions for Your Applications
In addition, VMware will lead separate sessions, which will include F5’s solutions in the larger context of software defined data center initiatives. Session titles are listed below with links to additional information:
- vCloud Networking: An Extensible and Open Platform
- Software Defined Networking and Security: The Here and Now
- VMware vCloud Automated Networking Framework: Network Extensibility (NetX)