ViXS Systems Inc. announces today that Axentra has integrated its leading HipServ NAS software on XCode 4208 Media Processor SOC providing consumers with a unique and simple home cloud experience. Consumers can leave digital media at home and access content anywhere in the home or remotely around the world.
Integration of HipServ on ViXS’ XCode 4208 provides distinct advantages for OEMs:
- Adds Digital Living Network Alliance®(DLNA®), transcoding, transcryption, transwrapping, and content streaming to leading NAS software stack
- FFMPEG integration running on powerful processor adds Over the top (OTT) media processing capability to HipServ software
- Adds whole home DVR media streaming solution on NAS devices
- Pre-integration reduces time to market and development costs for OEMs
- Hosting Axentra middleware on ViXS XCode 4208 significantly expands overall interactivity
The XCode 4208 System on a Chip (SoC) for NAS applications is a powerful media processing SOC. In addition to transcoding content from one format to target AV codec in client device, the XC4208 simultaneously performs transcryption, transrating, transwrapping and DLNA streaming to client devices. Also integrated with and running on the XCode4208 is the Apple content streaming protocol software called HTTP-Live server or HLS to support Apple iPad devices.
“We are pleased to offer Axentra’s widely adopted software on ViXS XCode media processing engine”, said Sally Daub, President and CEO of ViXS Systems. “Consumer digital media content consumption is evolving to include new devices and applications. NAS software combined with leading ViXS XCode technology offers consumers best-in-class media processing technologies”
HipServ is the leading digital media access software that enables consumers to access their media content anywhere, and on any connected computing or consumer electronic devices including iPhones, iPads, iPods, Android tablets and smartphones, BlackBerry Playbook and Windows and Mac PCs. HipServ’s friendly user interface offers consumers an enriched experience in playing their media content on various devices with a simple push of a button.
“We are very enthusiastic about this collaboration with ViXS and how it will advance our overall solution for the home media market” said Marc-Antoine Bengalia, CEO of Axentra. “The ViXS XCode 4208 delivers many unique technologies such as real-time video transcoding that solves the very painful problems of video files compatibility and Internet bandwidth limitations. This collaboration will allow both companies to offer even more compelling solutions to OEMs”.
Key features of the XCode 4208 include:
- Highly concurrent dual HD media processing engine
- Dedicated network processor for high throughput network performance
- Support for Over-the-top (OTT) video services and content
- Support for the “Digital living Network Alliance”, (DLNA) Digital Media Server (DMS) for streaming applications
- Integration of wide range of peripherals including: PCI Express, USB, SATA & Ethernet
- Complete Xtensiv™ Software stack for quick time to market