New Joint Cloud Solution Allows Customers to Invest Resources Back into the Business to Drive Innovation and Manage for the Future
VMWorld2011: Cloud computing has quickly surfaced as an important IT initiative as more organizations evaluate alternatives to help manage the pace and growth of their business. To help accelerate customers’ transition to the cloud, today at VMworld® 2011, NetApp and VMware announced VMware cloud infrastructure and management on NetApp®, a new joint solution that enables organizations to evolve to a secure cloud computing model at their own pace, gaining greater flexibility and efficiency without needing to rip and replace their existing infrastructure.
VMware cloud infrastructure and management on NetApp Solution Highlights
- The solution is documented in a best practices guide and helps customers evolve from a virtualized environment to a secure private, hybrid or public cloud infrastructure using proven, integrated technologies that automate and centrally manage cloud environments, resulting in increased productivity and optimized service levels.
- VMware cloud infrastructure and management on NetApp simplifies the transition to a standardized, automated service-delivery model that scales with the business, allowing service providers, government agencies and universities, and enterprises to invest resources back into the business so they manage for the future and drive innovation throughout the organization.
- The solution helps customers evolve to the next stage of the virtualization journey by creating a secure cloud infrastructure using proven, integrated technologies that automate and centrally manage cloud environments, resulting in increased productivity and optimized service levels.
- The cloud infrastructure solution combines NetApp’s flexible and efficient Unified Storage Architecture and comprehensive set of storage and data management capabilities built on Data ONTAP® with VMware’s recently enhanced cloud infrastructure suite to deliver seamless integration of cloud management, provisioning, and backup and recovery capabilities based on existing virtualized shared IT infrastructures. This powerful combination enables organizations to transition to the cloud at their own pace, without the need to rip and replace their existing infrastructure.
Core features include:
- Integrated data protection with VMware vCloud® Director enables customizable backup and recovery of tenant data within minutes.
- Intelligent policy-based provisioning of storage and infrastructure resources to meet stringent service-level agreements.
- Secure isolation and control of multiple tenants (applications, organizations, clients, users and business units) on a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure.
NetApp and VMware have a globally staffed, 24×7 direct contact path between the VMware and NetApp support organizations and leverage a Unified Support Lab where support engineers can reproduce customer environments, diagnose issues, and rapidly resolve customer cases. As customers continue to deploy cloud infrastructure environments, they want to be certain that their technology partners will continue to provide rapid and efficient support. The cooperative support process enables customer problems to be worked to completion in a seamless manner, with technical support engineers communicating directly with each other to resolve issues efficiently.
The VMware and NetApp products that make up the VMware cloud infrastructure and management on NetApp solution are currently available and can be purchased directly from NetApp and VMware, or through the companies’ worldwide network of value-added authorized resellers, distributors and systems integrators. For more information, please visit http://www.netapp.com/us/solutions/infrastructure/vmware-cloud-infrastructure.html.