Trend Micro has announced the industry’s first hypervisor agnostic, virtualization-aware endpoint security offering—Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5, the company’s endpoint security solution for medium businesses and enterprises.
Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5, which is powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, an infrastructure of in-the-cloud, correlated, automated, & intelligent threat protection, designed to solve the challenges unique to endpoints today.
With a flexible architecture that’s built for the future, Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5 lets the user customize his own solution with Plug-Ins for virtual patching, mobile device security, and protection for Macintosh computers. This is the perfect solution for the medium to large enterprise. Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5’s new virtualization-aware features preserve performance by serializing updates. Innovative file and web reputation technologies further accelerate protection by automatically feeding threat information back into the Smart Protection Network. Impact on web performance is minimized by synchronizing with a local server that offloads a client’s request to the public cloud.
“Combining world-class anti-malware with innovative in-the-cloud protection from the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, OfficeScan 10.5 is equipped to defend against high volumes of new threats. The File Reputation feature of our new offering further frees resources by moving the burden of pattern file management into the cloud. And the optional Intrusion Defense Firewall plug-in provides virtual patching to protect against zero-day threats before patching is possible,” informed Amit Nath, Country Manager, India & SAARC, Trend Micro.
Trend Micro OfficeScan is part of Trend Micro Enterprise Security–a tightly integrated offering of content security products, services and solutions which is powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network. Trend Micro Enterprise Security delivers maximum protection from emerging threats while minimizing the cost and complexity of security management.
What’s new in OfficeScan 10.5:
- NEW Windows 7 optimized: OfficeScan 10.5 provides advanced, cloud-powered endpoint protection that’s compatible with Windows 7. Its future-proof plug-in architecture and small footprint enables enterprises to extend and make the most out of their Windows 7 investment.
- NEW Local Web reputation: In this latest version of OfficeScan, customers have the option to implement Web-reputation on a local, customer network-based server, delivering even faster protection, improving end users’ Web-surfing experience, and saving money by offloading the corporate Internet connection. Web reputation and file reputation, both components of the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network infrastructure, provide immediate, real-time protection against the latest threats – so customers don’t have to wait for the next update. Independent testing from NSS Labs shows that Trend Micro OfficeScan provides the #1 rated corporate endpoint protection.
- Streamlined management and better scalability: OfficeScan 10.5 now allows for more than 20,000 endpoints to be managed from one single OfficeScan Management Server. This industry-first capability enables Trend Micro customers to manage both their physical and virtual desktops from a single management console. In addition, customers can consolidate their OfficeScan installation and further streamline the management of clients.
- Superior Malware Protection: Office Scan 10.5 very effectively protects against viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, and new variants as they emerge and also detects and removes active and hidden rootkits. In addition, it safeguards endpoint mail boxes by scanning POP3 email and Outlook folders for threats and secures handling of removable media according to corporate policy
- Virtual Patching (Intrusion Defense Firewall plug-in): Office Scan 10.5 protects endpoints against vulnerability exploits before patches are deployed and provides zero-day protection, especially for endpoints that cannot be patched easily. Its deployment is faster and easier to than patches.
- NEW VDI-awareness compatible with Citrix XenDesktop and VMware View: Conventional endpoint security solutions cause significant performance overhead on shared VDI hardware resources, causing end-user frustration and even causing enterprises to lower their security standards. OfficeScan 10.5 prevents resource contention and optimizes scan operations on virtualized desktops to maximize the number of VMs per VDI host – whether the enterprise is using Citrix or VMware – without sacrificing security or regulatory compliance.
Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.5’s pricing varies by seat count and decreases by volume.