RENTON, Wash.: Parallels, the worldwide leader in automation and virtualization software, announced that Parallels Desktop Upgrade to Windows 7 is available today at Parallels.com and Amazon, and will be available at retail stores starting on May 31. Parallels’ new software empowers PC owners to simply and safely upgrade from any edition of Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7, as well as keep and use their existing programs – even if they are not yet compatible with Windows 7.
Parallels Enables Customers to Keep and Use Their Programs, Even If They Are Not Yet Compatible with Windows 7
“Parallels Desktop Upgrade to Windows 7 provides a simple and safe solution for Windows XP and Vista customers who want to successfully move to Windows 7 but may be overwhelmed by the process,” said Parallels CEO Serguei Beloussov. “Whether people are upgrading an existing PC or moving to a new PC, all of their programs, files and user settings are automatically moved. Even programs not yet compatible with Windows 7 still work, so there’s no reason not to make the move.”
Parallels Desktop Upgrade to Windows 7 benefits include:
- Simplified Windows 7 Upgrade Experience: Parallels Express Installation allows you to complete the upgrade to Windows 7 on your existing PC without having to stay at your computer. The Upgrade Wizard makes it easy by walking you step-by-step through the process.
- No Need to Reinstall Programs or Find DVDs: The Parallels Upgrade Agent moves all your programs, data and media from your old computer to your new Windows 7 computer so you don’t have to find DVDs.
- Simply Transfer Programs, Files, Settings and Media to Your New PC: The included Parallels high-speed USB transfer cable, your network connection or an external hard drive make it easy to transfer your programs, files, settings and media to your new PC.
- Keep and Run Programs Not Yet Compatible with Windows 7: Parallels enables you to continue to run programs that aren’t yet ready for Windows 7 and do so seamlessly from within Windows 7 by accessing them from the Start menu.
- Quickly Learn How to Work in Windows 7: Interactive video tutorials are available on demand to help you quickly learn how to work in Windows 7.
Parallels Desktop Upgrade to Windows 7 is available for $49.99 with a Parallels high-speed USB transfer cable, making it easy to move to a new Windows 7 PC, or for $39.99 without a cable, making it easy to upgrade your current PC to Windows 7.
Parallels is a worldwide leader in virtualization and automation software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and cloud services providers across all major hardware, operating systems, and virtualization platforms. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 700 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.