rPath, the application engine provider for the private cloud, today announces the general availability of rPath Cloud Engine, a new software solution that empowers cloud technology vendors and managed service providers with the ability to deliver critical applications with consistency, reliability and speed. In addition to end-to-end application management, rPath Cloud Engine also plugs and plays into any cloud technology ecosystem, helping these vendors and MSPs to differentiate their offering to enterprise customers with bulletproof application delivery.
“Much of the enterprise and service provider move to cloud computing environments is driven by the need for faster, more reliable delivery of applications, yet applications often get overlooked amid other investments in IT infrastructure,” said Jay Lyman, senior analyst at The 451 Group. “The automation of application deployment onto cloud infrastructures can help managed service providers and others differentiate by allowing them to more effectively leverage cloud resources and environments.”
Built on the proven system automation platform of rPath X6, rPath Cloud Engine features an unprecedented, model-driven approach to provisioning and update that is push-button simple. rPath Cloud Engine automatically generates software configurations based on an application’s current run-time environment, eliminating the need for labor-intensive, error-prone approaches to image creation, such as golden images and manual scripts.
Key features of rPath Cloud Engine Software:
- Deeper RESTful API integration offers the ability to access critical applications via either web browser or rPath Cloud Engine GUI
- Model-driven image creation enables push-button application delivery across heterogeneous targets, as well as on-demand systems update and rollback
- Multi-tenancy enables customer base segmentation to meet unique requirements without compromising reliability, as well as role-based access control for security
- Open architecture empowers customers to take advantage of new technology with ease, eliminating the risk of vendor lock-in
- Comprehensive licensing, pricing, support, and services packages enable easy co-selling and OEM cloud technology bundling
”Apps drive business, and if you don’t have a reliable method for deploying and maintaining them in the cloud, you are limiting your company’s ability to fully capitalize on the economics of this rapidly-growing business model,” says Michael Torto, chief executive officer for rPath. “The rPath Cloud Engine gives MSPs and private cloud vendors a simple way to differentiate, sell more and deliver long-term business value.”
The rPath Cloud Engine is available now and can be purchased directly through rPath’s global sales organization and its certified partners. While rPath Cloud Engine can be easily integrated into any private cloud stack, information on its integration with Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (CIAC) is currently available online.